Cheap Diver Boat Bottom Cleaner
Cheap Diver boat bottom cleaner is a better way we have found to polish that grimy boat bottom. With the old fashioned way all you needed was a pair of goggles, a scotch brite pad and a high tolerance for cold water on those early morning dives. Thankfully, brilliant minds and Seattle J/24 sailors, Joy Okazaki and Mike Johnson, were tired of this method and created and designed the product the Cheap Diver.
Here’s what it looks like:
This lightweight, durable mesh material will clean the bottom of your boat without leaving a scratch on it. In an ideal situation, you would used this when you are in the middle of a race and have to dock overnight. As sailors, we all know that just one night in the water and the bottom can start lose it’s slick polished luster and cause a loss at the race the next day. This product is not intended for scraping barnacles, rust or sloughing paint.
Here’s How it Works:
The Cheap Diver works best with two people.
- Drape over the bow of the boat.
- Saw the mesh back and forth across the hull.
- For most fin keels: Walk aft while flossing until it pops off behind the keel,
- Walking with one end of the CD around the bow, get both ends are on one side of the boat.
- Then walk forward and aft while flossing to get the side of the keel.
- Move aft, hit the leading edge of the keel, and then continue until you reach the transom.
- Repeat from the bow until it’s behind the keel, then walk the other end around the bow and clean the other side of the keel.
- After you’re finished hang it on a halyard to dry.
- Once it’s dry, stuff it in its back and tuck away into storage.
How Much is it?
- $45.00, Short (24 ft length)
- $60.00, Long (36 ft length)
Prices do not include shipping/handling
Where can you find it?
Happy Cleaning with your Cheap Diver Boat Bottom Cleaner! ~Terry