Happy New Year from Get Wet Sailing! 2012 is off to a great start and we are looking forward to an awesome year of sailing. Since it’s only January and we have a few months here in Utah before the ice melts, we wanted to share our Top 12 reasons why we think you should Get Wet Sailing in 2012.
12. New Boat. -This is the year to test out new boats and see which one you want.
11. Learn some new sailing terms.
10. Night sailing- try it!
9. Learn how to tie a new knot.
8. Make sailing friends. What’s better than sailing with good friends?
7. New sailing gear. Make a splash this year with new stuff for you boat.
6. Racing. Need I say more?
5. Only 15 months left until America’s Cup 2013.
4. Get in shape. Sailing IS a Sport!- Don’t let anyone try to talk you out of that!
3. Fly High. There’s nothing better than flying a Hull and riding on the edge on a windy day.
2. Relax. It just you, the sun, the wind, and the sound of the sail fluttering in the wind and the water rippling behind you.
1. GET WET! What’s the fun of sailing if you don’t get wet, Right?
And if that wasn’t enough, here’s a little 1 min video from our friends at Triak from Sunny San Diego. Man, we can’t wait to get back on the water!