Information About the Show
After last year’s post, we have had several requests for more information about the 2017 Strictly Sail Chicago Boat Show. Mark your calenders: this year it will be January 11-15th. Here’s the official “Save The Date” we received from them just a few days ago. Looks like it will be a great show. If you went last year or have been in the past, leave a comment and let us know what you thought about it.
2017 Chicago Boat, RV and Strictly Sail Show
Set sail into summer at Midwest’s premier sailing event with deals on the latest sailboats and accessories, plus hundreds of educational seminars and nautical fun for all ages
CHICAGO (October 7, 2016) – Cast away those winter blues and set sail at the 2014 Progressive Insurance Strictly Sail Chicago boat show, dropping anchor at Chicago’s Navy Pier January 11-15, 2017. The nation’s largest indoor “all-sail” boat show attracts more than 20,000 sailing enthusiasts and is the winter destination for ‘sails’ on new sailboats, gear and accessories, plus daily clinics for sailors of all experience levels and fun for the whole family.
2014 Progressive Insurance Strictly Sail Chicago highlights include:
- Special seminars include a recap of the America’s Cup, one of the world’s most prestigious sailing events, from President of the National Sailing Hall of Fame, Gary Jobson and a chance to meet ‘America’s First Couple of Cruising’.
- Nautical family fun includes knot tying, crafting toy sailboats, a bouncy play area, appearances from Skipper the dolphin, and returning by popular demand, the remote control sailboat pond – a favorite for adults and children.
- Learn the ropes on dry land before setting sail. More than 200 free educational seminars offer beginners an affordable way to get their feet wet before climbing aboard and experienced skippers a variety of courses to improve techniques and learn something new during off season.
- Set Sail on the Sailing Simulator. Climb aboard an actual sailboat, adjust the ropes and get a feel for the wind and waves without getting wet, ideal for new boaters looking to learn how to sail and for advanced sailors looking to practice under different conditions.
- Nautical style adds a splash to your wardrobe and is also an important part of the boating lifestyle, which is why visitors can dress the part with deals on everything needed for on-the-water adventures from boat shoes to waterproof apparel and much more.
When: Wednesday-Sunday, January 11-15, 2017
Wednesday2:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Thursday11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Sunday10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Where: Navy Pier, Festival Halls A & B, 600 E. Grand Ave., Chicago, IL 60611
Admission: $14 Adults (15 & Under are Free)
Web:For more information and to pre-shop the show, visit StrictlySailChicago.com. Become a fan on Facebook and follow the show on Twitter. Use hashtag #StrictlySailChicago across all social platforms to join the conversation.
No tags for this post.